Dive the Islands off the coast of Belmullet where sponges, walls of jewel anemones and shoals of fish are seen on almost every dive. During your surface interval we will visit the famous Inishkea Islands, where you can enjoy your lunch and embark on a guided tour of the island, before enjoying your second dive of the day.
How long is your trip?
Travel times vary from 20 – 40 minutes depending on destination. Trips are available from May to September, weather dependent!
What’s included in your trip?
- Dive the famous Inishkea Islands, the Stags of Broadhaven, Frenchport, Duvillaun Mor & so much more.
- Hydraulic dive lift onboard to allow divers to surface easier.
- Gear such as bottles, wet suits, dry suits, masks, fins, booties, hoodies, gloves, etc. can be provide.
- 1-2 hour dives with two dives each day, depending on passenger preferences.
- 1 hour guided tour of the Inishkea Islands available in English & Irish during diving break.
- Toilet facilities available on the boat.
- Hot drinks available.
Videos of Belmullet Boat Charters
- Arrive 10 minutes before trip departure.
- Let us know when booking your trip if you would like services such a guided tour or fishing to insure availability.
What to bring with you
- Diving gear
- Extra clothing
- Packed lunch
- Waterproof camera
Diving Trip Itinerary:
Your trip begins at Blacksod Pier. Enjoy the experience of Blacksod Bay as we head to our destination. Your sailing takes you past the picturesque village of Surgeview and the Islands of Inishkea, Blackrock, Duvillaun Beag & Mór, Geachta and Léim ar Reithe.
Once we have arrived at our destination, passengers can be lowered into the water and return on the boat with ease using our onboard hydraulic lift. Dive the Islands off the coast of Belmullet where you will have remarkable visibility and the opportunity to see sponges, walls of jewel anemones and shoals of fish which are seen on almost every dive.
During diving intervals, you will be given the choice to visit the famous Inishkea Islands to enjoy lunch and embark on a guided tour of the island, with an island descendent. You will be swept away on a spellbinding walking tour of the island, where you learn about the rich history of Inishkea and get to visit the school, whaling station, nunnery, cilin, 5th century stone slabs and various monastic sites. Learn about the fascinating stories of the Naomhog, Francoise Henry, St. Kea, the Children of Lir, the dye workshop on Inishkea North and so much more! Your tour finishes with a trek up the Alt Mór, where the Inishkea navigation tower, cliffs and St. Derbhile’s holy well are located. Once your guided tour is complete, passengers will enjoy their second and final dive of the day!